Wednesday, March 24, 2010

COWSKULL SAD FIRE

I knew once I was past-distant in the air
Seeing something dancing
Across a great chasm sunken
Death kite flames and shining finger rising out like a rock
Target acquired
Not for long and the pain will be insurmountable
Having nothing to hold on to
Carry me
Fever spit and distant shouting
Stomping wildly (is that my heart?)
Slightly malfunctioning to the floor
Withdrawn from carpet
Staring into dream
Of this cowskull sad fire
Hunchbacked
Bloodstreaming
Cicada eruptions bass and treble continuous motion
Hardening from inside myself I confront
Thirty dirt rocks scratching into dust
On a tilted porch
An eagle with no eyes unimpeded soars
Something awakens
To here itself shout
A new silence

1 comment:

  1. hey leser,
    this poem really took off for me at 'staring into dream..." and was really nice through the end.

    These lines seem clumsier, not as well formed:

    "Stomping wildly (is that my heart?)
    Slightly malfunctioning to the floor
    Withdrawn from carpet"

    interesting tone-outdoor, dusty, primal, and also violent

    ReplyDelete